Saturday, October 4, 2014

October 4 - Doubtful

Jesus was standing among them .  "Peace be with you," he said.  Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands.  Put your hand into the wound in my side.  Don't be faithless any longer.  Believe!"  "My Lord and my God!" Thomas exclaimed.  Then Jesus told him, "You believe because you have seen me.  Blessed are those who believe without seeing me."  John 20:26-29

  • Doubt.  Perhaps you've been fortunate and haven't been experienced it in a while.  I doubt it.  It hits us all on a regular basis, and it can be devastating when it hits
  • But then Jesus come sto us, as He came to Thomas, to keep those doubts from taking firm root
  • Live as doubt-free as you can.  And when doubts start to gather, honestly admit them to God
Thoughts from the top of my head:
  • Doubt is among my chief demons.  It's not just belief without seeing that causes.  It's the belief in the miracles, that which there is no science to prove.  That is my biggest obstacle.  It comes down to - do you believe what is written in the Bible or not
  • I need to remember I am not alone when doubts creep in and it does not make me a bad Christian.  I just need to ask for help from God when it happens, and remember what Jesus suffered on the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment