Friday, October 3, 2014

October 3 - A Worthwhile Building Project

"What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions"  James 2:14

- not everyone goes out of their way to invest in the lives of those outside their normal circle of relationships
- we can give a hand to provide unusual opportunities for opportunities for people who haven't had many
- we can see the potential in others and help them achieve it
- That's what it means to leave a legacy

Thoughts that jump to mind:

  • Service is not limited to where you're serving at church
  • Service outside the church is not limited to just "giving" (although that's not a bad thing, either).  It's investing time to build into others
  • I wouldn't have immediately thought of service when reading this verse.  I would have thought more about how I comport myself in day to day life.  But I can see now why service was discussed, because there is perhaps no better way to show one's faith through action
  • Am I challenging myself to do this, or am I making excuses via our busy lives?


No comments:

Post a Comment